Pacific Coast Power Exchange contest November 10, 2019
All contestants must read and understand the qualifications for being a contestant. The following are the rules for qualification and what is expected of the contestants.
1) All contestants must be at least twenty-one years old.
2) This contest is open to any pair/triad/poly family that has been in a power exchange relationship for at least one year (please note only 3 from a family may represent at PCPE/IPE).
3) You must be able to arrive at Pacific Coast Power Exchange in Los Angeles, California no later than 8:00a.m. on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
4) Your completed application (as outlined in the “Contestant Checklist”) must be received no later than October 25, 2018.
5) You must be able to communicate and teach others about your specific power exchange dynamic.
6) You are not permitted to be under the influence of illegal drugs or an excessive amount of alcohol during any of portion of the contest. “Excessive amount of alcohol” is subjective and will be determined at the discretion of the Pacific Coast Power Exchange Producer and the Contest Director.
7) You cannot have a current title that conflicts with Pacific Coast Power Exchange, and the rules for PCPE must not conflict with the rules for your current title. If you hold a current title, please contact the Pacific Coast Power Exchange producer immediately to find out if you are still eligible to compete in the contest.
8) You must agree to be photographed and allow the photographs to be used on the Pacific Coast Power Exchange website, in print advertising for Pacific Coast Power Exchange or Beyond Leather’s website or print advertising.
9) You will be expected to wear contestant numbers at all times during the Pacific Coast Power Exchange contest. The contestant numbers will be provided at the contestant meeting prior to the Meet and Greet on Saturday afternoon November 10, 2018. At the end of the contest, the numbers must be returned to the Contest Producer.
10) You will be expected to bring at least one item or basket for the silent auction, the proceeds of which will go towards the PCPE contest winners’ travel fund (this will cover your expenses to get to Florida for IPE). This item or basket must have a retail value of at least $250. If it is a basket of items and the total value is over $300, the silent auction coordinator and/or Producer will determine whether to separate the items into smaller groupings or to leave the basket as it is. You must provide a list of the item(s) and their retail value prior no later than October 25, 2018. The list is to be emailed to: PacificCoastPowerExchange@gmail.com.
11) You must not have any outstanding warrants either nationally or internationally or a felony conviction.
12) If you are named the Pacific Coast Power Exchange 2019 Title Holders, you agree to present at least 4 (four) workshops, classes or demos to teach others about your specific dynamic at 4 (four) different groups or events in the region during your title year.
13) If you are you awarded the 2019 Pacific Coast Power Exchange title, you agree to travel to Beyond Leather to compete in the International Power Exchange contest May 16-19, 2019 in West Palm Beach, FL. Depending on how much money is raised for the 2019 Pacific Coast Power Exchange title holders’ travel fund, you may be required to pay for part of your travel expenses to Beyond Leather for the International Power Exchange contest. If additional funds are required, you will be expected to hold fundraisers prior to Beyond Leather to assist in covering your travel expenses. The regional producer can provide assistance for these events.
14) You further agree to return to Pacific Coast Power Exchange November 2019 to “step down” from your title year and give a short speech regarding your experiences during your title year. Additionally, you may be asked to help out in a volunteer position at the 2019 event, and you will be asked to bring an auction item to help raise a travel fund for your successors. Your registration fee for PCPE 2020 will be waived.
And, most of all, you will be expected to have fun!
Contestant application and checklist
2017 IPE Contestants Sir Luke and His ophelia (Florida Power Exchange regional title holders, Kevin and katie (Great Lakes region title holders), Lady A, Meekdragon, and Thumper (Texas Power Exchange) and Owned Wife (Marisa) and Wife Owner (Bernie) (North East Power Exchange)